Holy Child Convent’ Jalpaiguri was opened in 1973 by the Society of the Sisters of Charity of Saints Bartolomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa also known as Sisters of ‘Maria Bambina’ (Holy Child Mary). Hence the Institution bears this name.
The Sisters of Charity came from Italy to India in 1860 and since then they are working in many parts of the country, in Orphanages, Hospitals, Homes for the Aged, Schools, Colleges and other charitable institutions. The institutions are owned by the Society, a body registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Games and Sports are compulsory for all students. These are organized on Inter House basis as per the Annual Sports and Games Calendar of the school.
The labs are fully equipped with all modern facilities and equipment to allow students to engage in learning through research, keeping their safety in mind.
The library has to be enriched by more good books and other facilities as per ICSE. All students and staff of the school are members of the library.